Saturday, August 23, 2008

Owen-limpics: Stair climb finals


The Owen-limpics were derailed a bit by the OHSU-limpics for a few days. But, our star athlete (Phelps who?) is at it again with record speeds up the stairs at the hotel in Portland.

Speaking of OHSU-limpics, Owen's visit brought home with it a new diet plan designed to put on some pounds. Owen is officially in the lightweight range, and the team up there wants to see him gain more weight. We do too. Owen still gets to drink Phenex, but now it's super-Phenex. He's got two additives in there to help him get the pounds on.

Owen said losing his competitive advantage in events like stair climbing would be OK with him... he enjoys the rough and tumble events more anyway... the ones that could use a little body mass.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Greetings to Owen,

    I was just searching the internet for my new PKU updates and I happened across this blog.

    My name is Jennifer and I am a 26 year old registered nurse living in Naples, FL. I too have PKU. Over the years, I have made contact and spoken to several families with infants that are newly diagnosed.
    I am happy to say that I have continued my diet and formula routine; feel great and am actually grateful for living with PKU. If you ever have questions or concerns feel free to email me at JenSwani@hotmail.com.

    Best wishes to Owen and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete